Teachers Make the Difference
From across the region, teachers like you are finding ways to engage students in IT and Computer Science programs. Through RITE, you can learn about the IT resources available to help your students navigate their way to meaningful, well-paying careers in IT. These programs build interest, skills, knowledge, experiences, and the connections necessary to pursue IT careers.
EARN PREMIER STATUS FOR YOUR SCHOOL!
Each year, RITE provides special recognition and rewards to highly engaged teachers. Teachers who promote, support, and engage their students in multiple IT career awareness, exploration and immersive skills-based programs offered by RITE and its partners earn this distinction. Benefits include cash prizes, school recognition, early registration opportunities, and unique engagement opportunities with IT business leaders and industry professionals.
HOW THE REWARDS PROGRAM WORKS
Think of it as an IT career loyalty program. Each time you engage your students in a qualified activity, you earn credit towards rewards for you, your classroom, and your school. This annual program kicked off in October 2019 and will conclude in September 2020 at the 9th Annual Passport to IT Careers.
Teachers qualify by enrolling their students in RITE and other program offerings and completing a simple year-end profile of engagement. RITE will recognize engagement across organizational offerings at all levels. The minimum qualification for Teacher Rewards is engagement in at least two RITE programs and at least one other qualifying activity.
Qualifying RITE Programs:
- Passport to IT Careers
- CoolTech Challenge & Showcase
- Summer Technology Camps delivered in partnership with TECH CORPS
Other Qualifying Activities:
- Recruit a new teacher from the same or another school who participates in at least 1 RITE program.
- Enroll your students in at least one other program offered by RITE’s partners (see list below).
- Attend at least one professional development activity or join a community of practice.
- Facilitate a coding, tech, or IT club.
- Enroll your students in an “hour of code” activity.
- Official “RITE Premier School” trophy-case plaque for your school
- $200 to the qualifying teacher and/or school.
- Early registration opportunities to all RITE programs and special events
- Industry engagement sessions with RITE ProCorps members
- Recognition regionally on RITE’s website and in newsletters
Qualified RITE Partners (as of November 2018)
Baldwin Wallace University • CS for CLE • BioEnterprise • Hyland Hy-Tech Programs • NEOSTEM • Lakeland Community College • Cuyahoga Valley Career Center • Cuyahoga Community College • TECH CORPS • TEALS
If you work with rising 9th through 12th graders in Northeast Ohio and want to sign-up for a program, contact Jamie Cole at jcole@OhioRITE.com or visit www.OhioRITE.com
For information on engagement with RITE as a partner, please contact Courtney DeOreo at 440-281-5615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark Your Calendar for Upcoming CS & IT Educator Meetups!
Date and location to be announced
Time – All PM Meetings:
Ongoing Meetups are organized in partnership with BioEnterprise/HIT in the CLE, CSforCLE, TEALS, TECH CORPS, and other regional partners. To learn about partnering with RITE, contact Courtney DeOreo, cdeoreo@OhioRITE.com.