Teacher Rewards Recognition Program
Earn Premier Status for your school.
Each year, RITE provides special recognition and rewards to highly engaged teachers. Teachers who promote, support, and engage their students in multiple IT career awareness, exploration and immersive skills-based programs offered by RITE and its partners earn this distinction. Benefits include cash prizes, school recognition, early registration opportunities, and unique engagement opportunities with IT business leaders and industry professionals.
How the Reward Program Works
Think of it as an IT career loyalty program. Each time you engage your students in a qualified activity, you earn credit towards rewards for you, your classroom, and your school. This program runs September – August each academic year.
Teachers qualify by enrolling their students in RITE and other program offerings and completing a simple year-end profile of engagement. RITE will recognize engagement across organizational offerings at all levels. The minimum qualification for Teacher Rewards is engagement in at least two RITE programs and at least one other qualifying activity.
Qualifying RITE Programs:
- Passport to IT Careers
- CoolTech Challenge & Showcase
- Summer Technology Camps delivered in partnership with TECH CORPS
- IT Career Conversations
Other Qualifying Activities:
- Recruit a new teacher from the same or another school who participates in at least one RITE program
- Enroll your students in at least one other program (see list below)
- Attend at least one professional development activity or join a community of practice
- Facilitate a coding, tech, or IT club
- Enroll your students in an “hour of code” activity
- Official “RITE Premier School” trophy-case plaque for your school
- $200 to the qualifying teacher and/or school.
- Early registration opportunities to all RITE programs and special events
- Industry engagement sessions with RITE ProCorps members
- Recognition regionally on RITE’s website and in newsletters
To learn more or to engage your students in GCP RITE programs, contact Jamie Cole at [email protected].