12th Annual CoolTech Challenge and Showcase
RITE’s CoolTech Challenge provides high school students with an opportunity to solve a community, school or business problem.
- Teams of rising 9th through 12th graders in peer-to-peer, school-based competition.
- Competition categories:
- Build a functional interactive map.
- Build a functional mobile-ready website.
- Create a concept for either an interactive app or mobile-ready website.
- Over $10,000 in cash prizes will be awarded to the teams that are selected in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each of the four competition categories.
- All participants have the opportunity to display and present their project through RITE’s CoolTech Challenge Showcase.
Producing More Capable Students
- Students cultivate their tech creativity and design skills.
- Students hone important “soft skills” like teamwork, communication, and collaboration.
- Students learn how to present their tech-based entrepreneurial ideas to a professional audience.
- Students gain valuable feedback on how to improve their ideas.
Since the first CoolTech Challenge in 2008, more than 500 area high school students have participated in the annual competition.
For more information on how to invest, contact Courtney DeOreo at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 592-2291.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2019 SPONSORS!
Deloitte / Hewlett Packard Enterprises
First Place Winners of the 11th Annual CoolTech Challenge
Project: CSE Analytics
School: Mayfield Excel T.E.C.C.
Teacher: Ronald Suchy
Students: Eli Carty, Shrey Patel, Caleb Kremer
MOBILE APP COMPETITION
Project: Track My Mood
School: Brunswick High School
Teacher: Alicia Chamberlain
Student: Katie Scheutzow
Project: The Ball Out App
School: University School
Teacher: Ilene Frankel
Students: Bobby Housel
CYBER SECURITY COMPETITION
Project: Unsafe Smart Toys
School: Padua Franciscan High School
Teacher: Rich Kirkpatrick
Students: Anthony Shuman, Daniel Obloj, Jay Skrab