Give Students Immersive IT
Training with FREE Hands-On Tech Camps
Leading employers and industry groups in Northeast Ohio have joined forces with RITE and TECH CORPS to deliver highly acclaimed High School Technology Camps to area high school students. The camps are designed to attract and prepare the next generation of IT workers by helping young people build the skills and knowledge employers need. These FREE summer High School Technology Camps provide students with a real-world, hands-on technology experience to solve real worlds problems and have a community impact. Students develop in-demand technical and 21st-century skills, connect with tech professionals from the region, experience a local college campus.
2019 Tech Camps will run June and July and include three options:
- Programming Camp:
- C# programming and computer science concepts
- Hands-on labs and challenges based on real problems that software developers encounter every day
- Industry standard Visual Studio integrated development environment
- Completion of a final project with set criteria
- Cybersecurity Camp:
- Introduces students to Cybersecurity
- Hands-on labs and challenges, all based on real-world circumstances
- Students learn to recognize and find cyber security vulnerabilities, as well as strengthen cyber security practices
- Blockchain Camp:
- Learn to develop blockchain apps in Solidity.
- Design and implement applications that have a community impact and solve real-world problems.
- Prerequisite Required: Coding class or camp
2019 Tech Camps locations and dates:
|Lakeland Community College
||June 3-7, 2019
|University of Akron
||June 3-7, 2019
|Lorain County Community College
||June 24-28, 2019
|Cuyahoga Community College Eastern Campus (Tri-C East)
||July 8-12, 2019
|Baldwin Wallace University
||July 15-19, 2019
|Kent State University
||July 29-Aug 2, 2019
*If you are interested in FREE programming camps at Case Western Reserve University (6.10-6.14) or Cleveland State University (7.22-7.26) please email email@example.com
For more information, contact Jamie Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about TECH CORPS, visit this link.
Tech Camps are sponsored by Bendix, Eaton, Hyland, Microsoft, SIM CLE, and The J.M. Smucker Company. Host schools include Baldwin Wallace University, Cuyahoga Community College, Kent State University, Lakeland Community College, Lorain County Community College, and The University of Akron.