Teachers make the difference
Your students have the potential to pursue meaningful, well-paying careers in IT – the most in-demand jobs in Northeast Ohio.
From across the region, teachers like you are finding ways to engage students in IT and Computer Science programs that help demystify IT as a career. These programs build interest, skills, knowledge, experiences, and the connections necessary for your students to pursue IT careers.
Through a dedicated and growing cadre of regional teachers, RITE and its partners are reaching more students with information and programming that could impact their future education and career decisions.
How the Rewards Program Works
Think of it as an IT career loyalty program. Each time you engage your students in a qualified activity, you earn credit towards rewards for you, your classroom and your school. This annual program kicks off in October 2018 and will conclude in October 2019 at the BusinessTECH 2019 conference, which will feature the 8th Annual Passport to IT Careers.
Teachers qualify by enrolling their students in RITE and other program offerings and completing a simple year-end profile of engagement.
RITE will recognize engagement across organizational offerings at all levels. The minimum qualification for Teacher Rewards is engagement in at least two RITE programs and at least one other qualifying activity.
Qualifying RITE Programs:
- Passport to IT Careers
- CoolTech Challenge
- Summer High School Technology Camps
Other Qualifying Activities:
- Recruit a new teacher from same or other school who participates in at least 1 RITE program
- Enroll your students in at least one other program offered by RITE’s partners (see list below)
- Attend at least one professional development workshop, seminar, course, or community of practice session
- Facilitate a coding, tech or IT club
- Enroll your students in “hour of code” activity
- Official “RITE Premier School” trophy-case plaque for your school
- $200 to the qualifying teacher and/or school.
- Early registration opportunities to all RITE programs and special events
- Industry engagement sessions with RITE ProCorps members
- Recognition regionally on RITE’s website and in newsletters
Qualified RITE Partners as of September 2018
- CS for CLE
- TECH CORPS
RITE is working with NEOSTEM to produce a digital clearinghouse of resources for teachers. To learn more and to sign up for RITE’s News and Information featuring bi-annual calendar of events for K-12, register @ TeacherCollective@OhioRITE.com.
For information on engagement with RITE as a partner, please contact Courtney DeOreo at 440-281-5615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.