ANNUAL COOLTECH CHALLENGE
Inspiring the Next Generation of Tech Talent
RITE’s CoolTech Challenge provides high school students with an opportunity to solve a community, school or business problem.
- Teams of rising 9th through 12th graders in school-to-school competition
- Challenge: develop the most unique and impactful mobile app, mobile ready website/website, or a concept for either.
- Winners receive scholarships and other prizes.
- Contestants present their projects to a panel of industry professionals
Producing More Capable Students
- Students cultivate their tech creativity and design skills.
- Students hone important “soft skills” like teamwork, communication and collaboration
- Students learn how to present their tech-based entrepreneurial ideas to a professional audience.
- Students gain valuable feedback on how to improve their ideas.
Since the first CoolTech Challenge in 2008, more than 500 area high school students have participated in the annual competition.
For more information on how to invest, contact Courtney DeOreo at email@example.com or (440) 281-5615.
First Place Winners of the 10th Annual CoolTech Challenge
This app is for technical assistance from the simplest of tasks, such as unplugging and re-plugging a router for internet connection to more complicated tasks, such as designing a website.
School: Theodore Roosevelt High School
Teacher: Chris Carman
Students: Sander Capetz / Vonn Wheatley
This is an application that helps with story development through the use of random advice generator and random name generator.
School: Brunswick High School
Teacher: Alicia Chamberlain
Student: Chase Oberg
Project: Grocery Go
Grocery Go is a grocery delivery service, in which users select their items then pay for the groceries and a delivery fee.
School: Lake Shore Compact
Teacher: Melinda O’Connor
Students: Duran Thomas / Dajuan Allen / De’Von Tisdel
Thank You to Our 2018 Sponsors
THE DELOITTE & THE HEWLETT PACKARD ENTERPRISE
11th Annual CoolTech Challenge
December 2018 through April 2019
Innovations showcased at Best of Tech Awards 2019 presented by OHTec