WHAT WE KNOW
Building the most effective IT talent system requires a comprehensive, long-term approach to building the IT pipeline.
This work includes the authentic transformation of the region’s IT education and workforce system and a set of interventions along with the education to employment pipeline.
Transformation Requires Common Understanding
Local employers and their projected needs drive all of RITE’s work. To keep current with IT workforce domain data and to ensure our own programming is aligned to industry demand, RITE regularly collects and reviews data and applicable reports. As Northeast Ohio’s IT Workforce Alliance, we make this information readily available to all of our stakeholders, as well as the broader regional IT talent ecosystem. In addition, it informs the work we do including continuous improvement of GCP RITE programs.
Transformation Requires Shared Agenda
The RITE Blueprint provides a useful framework to drive individual and collaborative action. The strategic themes reflect the input, continual processing and learning, and collective wisdom generated over the course of the last decade with our employer, educator, economic development, workforce service, and funding partners.
Blueprint for Action
- Unite industry to drive demand-driven solutions and performance accountability
- Increase workforce diversity
- Accelerate adoption of innovative and inclusive recruiting, hiring & advancement practices
- Scale IT awareness, exploration, and pathway programming
- Expand experiential learning and earn-and-learn programming across the education to employment pipeline
- Reimagine K-12, including clear standards for computer science education and more resources and support for educators
- Put skills first; develop technical AND power skills (communication, team player, creativity, problem-solving, and flexibility)
- Accelerate the development of skills-based education delivery models
- Implement strategies to retain college and university student in the region
- Build onramps and career ladders for traditional and non-traditional populations
- Execute focused talent attraction endeavors
- Build regional capacity for continuous improvement and innovation
- Bridge the Digital Divide
If you have information to share to help deepen the region’s collective understanding of the opportunities and challenges related to building the IT workforce in Northeast Ohio, please contact Courtney DeOreo via email [email protected].