RITE attracts, prepares and places IT talent to enhance the region’s economic vitality and competitiveness.
RITE was formed in 2010 by regional industry and educational leaders to develop solutions that address the growing need for IT talent in Northeast Ohio.
RITE deploys its unique systems approach and regional model – industry leadership, cross-sector collaboration, and demand-driven programming – to decrease the IT skills gap and address workshop shortages in Northeast Ohio.
Narrowing the IT skills gap between education and the IT job skills employers need is recognized as an economic imperative for Northeast Ohio. RITE is accelerating the development of a quality IT talent pipeline by:
- Serving as the region’s only IT industry-led regional workforce alliance with proven employer engagement structures, activities and resources.
- Building regional capacity and impact by galvanizing the ecosystem – employers, educators and workforce development practitioners – for better informed and more meaningful individual and collective action.
- Delivering programs and resources for middle-school, high-school, and collegiate students and educators that build interest, skills, knowledge, experiences, and connections necessary to pursue careers in IT.
RITE responds to the demands of Northeast Ohio’s changing economy by providing:
- A more informed, diverse and prepared IT workforce
- Improved partnerships and focused action between employers, educators and workforce development practioners
- Successful career pathways and new opportunities for students
- Greater alignment and higher returns from investments.
Since our beginning, we have engaged nearly 90 employers, eight institutions of higher education, and 135 high schools – impacting nearly 1,700 high school students and 750 college and university students.